Thursday, July 21, 2011

Do You Stack Up? Challenge #29

Maybe you have an idea of our new challenge this week from my snippet?
Just to make sure you DO know what the new DYSU challenge is:
We want to see your creations with wings: chicken wings, angel wings, fairy wings, bug wings, etc.
We have a bunch of prizes to reward your efforts should you be a lucky random winner!


The Stamping Boutique is giving away FIVE digis of the winner's choice!





Tlc Creations will award the winner with a $10 Gift Certificate!




Pixie Dust Studio is giving away THREE digis of the winner's choice!



**************************************
And now for my card:  I chose a sentiment from Tlc Creations called "Watch Me Soar" which inspired me to make a CAS (clean & simple) card.  I wanted to be sure to showcase the sentiment.

My initial idea was to emboss a frame for the sentiment AND emboss a pattern on the card front.  I could not figure out how to do them at the same time, so I had a bit of a struggle on my hands.

If anyone knows of a sure fire way of getting this effect, I would love to be informed of it!

The butterfly was stamped with black Staz-on onto an acetate sheet.  Ranger Alcohol inks were sponged on the back side.  Then I cut it out and glued it on the card with Glossy Accents.

I could only find a few challenges that this card could qualify:
Clear it Out - anything goes
The Stamping Boutique - cool colors
If you need some inspiration, check out the works by the rest of the Design Team over at DYSU.  They are fabulous!
PeggySue

10 comments:

WencheP said...

This is a beautiful card. Very elegant....

Hugs,
Wenche

Denise said...

Love this!! That acetate butterfly is gorgeous.
Hugs
Denise xx

Unknown said...

This is a very elegant and delicate card. I absolutely love it!! Besitos,
Joan

*Alison* said...

WOW!!! I just love this.. the simple beauty of this creation really is stunning.. I love the embossing too :) :) way to make those wings SHINE!!
HUGS
Alison
DYSU-Owner

Cheryl said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the butterfly! It just pops against the white, textured bg.



--Cheryl--
Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!

Ren-Yi said...

The embossing / impression is lovely. And I can't get enough of your beautiful butterfly - it looks like stain glass!

Frances said...

Beautiful creation! Clean, simple and very elegant! Love the butterfly!!!
HUGS
Frances
DYSU DT Team

Unknown said...

love the colouring on the butterfly - I will did out the how to that creates a plain area in an embossed background and email you

Miranda said...

awesome card Peggy, love it, and that butterfly is sooooooooo pretty
hugs
Miranda

Anonymous said...

Your card is so beautiful!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment!