The Hambo Stamps image sent out last week as part of the Hambo Hoedown progressive challenge was an Ogre! Don't see many of those. The challenge for this week was to use the Ogre image with one of the two sentiments and create a project that included distressing. Whew, nice and easy!!
I had a great time coloring Ogre with my Distress inks. I couldn't resist giving him some extra chest hair - I hope that is not against their rules.
The distressing technique I used was the basic sponging of the edges of everything. The edges were so dark last night, but this morning
when after I put the card together I noticed that it had faded considerably. Kinda surprising and disappointing. I think I need to remember that there's a chance the ink is going to soak into the cardstock as it dries. Live & Learn!
I'm entering this card into a few challenges:
Hambo Hoedown - use Ogre, sentiment and distressing
Aud Sentiments - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Tim Holtz technique (sponge distressing)